CultureHISTORY: #MikeBrown Funeral - August 2014
- Mike Brown casket w/ St. Louis Cardinals baseball cap
- Brown’s mother Lesley McSpadden at her son’s service
- Attendees united in song
- Funeral attendees
- Memorial including long line of roses at Mike Brown’s murder site
- A painting & memorial from Atlanta, GA
“Repeat Rape: How do they get away with it?”, Part 1 of 2. (link to Part 2)
- College Men: Repeat Rape and Multiple Offending Among Undetected Rapists,Lisak and Miller, 2002 [PDF, 12 pages]
- Navy Men: Lisak and Miller’s results were essentially duplicated in an even larger study (2,925 men): Reports of Rape Reperpetration by Newly Enlisted Male Navy Personnel, McWhorter, 2009 [PDF, 16 pages]
By dark-side-of-the-room, who writes:
These infogifs are provided RIGHTS-FREE for noncommercial purposes. Repost them anywhere. In fact, repost them EVERYWHERE. No need to credit. Link to the L&M study if possible.
Knowledge is a seed; sow it.
Reblogging because I mentioned this study in a post the other day and someone reblogged & replied insinuating that I’d made it up, but I didn’t have the citation on hand right then. As I said then: rape culture is what teaches rapists that they aren’t rapists.
^ bolded for emphasis
because it helps to remember this every now and then.
Also did anybody else notice that they removed the “Elton John’s AIDS foundation” logo from Miley’s picture? Fuckin’ agendas everywhere….
I literally threw a mini fit
The fact that they even touched up the woman in the BACKGROUND of the Selena Gomez pic is crazy.
I’ve said this every time it comes on my dash but please also notice that a lot of the women get photoshopped lighter.
And that´s the reason why nobody should try to be that thin, because that thin doesn´t exist in reality.
there’s so much racism here with how they change rihanna’s nose
I won’t soon forget the events that took place in #ferguson…will you?
MAD Magazine recreates Norman Rockwell’s famous 1958 painting ‘The Runaway’
"In 2003 the Free Speech Coalition went to the Ashcroft Supreme Court and basically said that the 1997 Child Pornography Protection Act was too broad. What did that act say? That act said that A) Nobody under eighteen could be in porn and B) Nobody who looked under eighteen.The Free Speech Coalition, the lobbying body of the porn industry, said that that [protection act] limited the free speech of the pornographers and they should be allowed to have women who look under eighteen. The Ashcroft Supreme Court agreed…”
Eyyy I watched this last week